- 1 bacon slice cooked / chopped (optional)
- ¾ lb. large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 slice firm white bread
*may eliminate bread for 1 beaten egg
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup chopped scallions
- 2 Tbls chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tsp of The Amazing Rub
- 2 cups sliced almonds
*to coat almonds, add 1 Tbls cornstarch, 1 tsp Amazing Rub
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
Garnish: lemon wedges and herbs
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 1 ½ teaspoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon finely grated fresh lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce, or to taste
- ½ tsp of the Amazing Heat
- Sour cream dressed with caviar!
Lemon Soy Mayonnaise:
Stir together all ingredients in a small bowl. Chill until ready to serve.
Pulse chopped bacon in food processor until finely chopped.
Pat shrimp dry, then add to bacon and pulse just until shrimp is coarsely chopped (do no puree). Soak bread in milk in a shallow bowl until very soft, about 30 seconds. Add wet bread to shrimp mixture, discarding any remaining milk, and pulse until just combined. Add remaining ingredients spices and herbes, form shrimp cakes. Coat the cakes in sliced almonds that have been coated with the cornstarch & Amazing Rub mixture. Melt butter/olive oil in a skillet and fry the shrimp cakes till golden brown on each side.
Serve with Lemon/Soy Mayo and Lemon/Lime wedges – a very wonderful taste and great change from the usual crabcakes! The shrimp taste explodes!
Serves 4 (Main course) and 8 (Appetizer)